Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Day One - A New Identity

Today is the first day with my new identity. I am unemployed. An education generalist for hire. A stay at home mom for the summer - hopefully not longer.

I'm slowly coming out of my haze. I was ready to leave but it is still hard to go, to leave behind a part of you and move on. I can't relax yet because there is still paperwork to complete, a lawyer to meet with and my cubicle to clear out. Once all the ties have been broken, I hope to be able to relax and enjoy the summer with my kids. I'm looking forward to bike rides, park visits and play dates.

I really think this is a blessing. I've wanted to leave for over a year but change is hard. And when work is taking all the energy you have, there's nothing left for looking for a new job. The question now is: what's next? I need to find my passion again. I loved teaching and being in the classroom but is that where I will be?

No comments:

Post a Comment