Friday, July 8, 2011

Day Three - how to relax?

I'm trying to stay positive but it is difficult. I would like to relax and enjoy my time off but there is a constant nagging of will I get a job? I've applied for 5 openings and sadly heard back from 2 that I will not be interviewed. Ouch! How can a NBCT not even get an interview?

My biggest concern is insurance. At the end of this month we will no longer be covered. I'm not worried about Rob and I but I do want the boys to be covered. I can't chance one of them getting hurt or sick and needing to go to the doctor or ER.

Today is my day to make some calls. I need to look into unemployment, find a lawyer, and make dental and eye appointments if possible.

My plan is to try to do three things each day:
1. do some house chore - today was scrub the bathroom
2. do some job task - today is unemployment and call about a reference letter
3. do something for myself to exercise - today will be walking to geocache
4. write every day

Hopefully, my four pronged approach will keep me from getting down or too stressed. I am so lucky to have a husband that is happy to have me home and is not worried about me being off - at least not yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment