Thursday, July 7, 2011

Day Two - One More Tie Cut

I want to be happy and excited about having the time off but it is hard to enjoy it when you don't know when you'll be getting a paycheck again. I also feel like I need to make the house my job since I'm not working. These are not expectations of my husband but of myself.

I am hoping writing will bring back my humor. I seem to have lost it over the last year. I need to get out of the bitter barn.

Our good family friends just got back from vacation and wanted the boys over for a play date. I took the time to clear out my desk at work, another tie to cut in the separation process. It was like some crazy novel. I had to come after hours - God forbid I say goodbye to co-workers and have any closer - and call for the HR person to come and let me up. My desk was stacked with all my files and a bag had items someone deemed to be personal. I had forgotten that I'd already gone through all my files and removed any that belonged to me months ago. This made flipping through almost 5 years of notes a little quicker which was a good thing since the HR person had to stand there watching me the whole time. Sad that they know me so little after so long that they think this was necessary. I have more character than that!

No comments:

Post a Comment